United Methodist Women is the largest denominational faith organization for women with approximately 800,000 members whose mission is fostering spiritual growth, developing leaders and advocating for justice.
Members raise up to $20 million each year for programs and projects related to women, children and youth in the United States and in more than 100 countries around the world.
United Methodist Women and The United Methodist Church’s principles and values include:
- Promoting the empowerment of women, children, and youth.
- Promoting anti-racism and multiculturalism.
- Promoting inclusion and equity.
- Promoting fair labor practices.
- Promoting economic and environmental stewardship and sustainability.
The Vision of United Methodist Women
Turning faith, hope, and love into action on behalf of women, children and youth around the world.
Living the Vision
- We provide opportunities and resources to grow spiritually, become more deeply rooted in Christ and put faith into action.
- We are organized for growth, with flexible structures leading to effective witness and action.
- We equip women and girls around the world to be leaders in communities, agencies, workplaces, governments and churches.
- We work for justice through compassionate service and advocacy to change unfair policies and systems.
- We provide educational experiences that lead to personal change in order to transform the world.